Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Favorite child?...I don't think so...

I was reading an article where a dad got criticism for admitting he has a favorite child.  I can't necessarily disagree with him, but I wouldn't say "favorite"...I do believe in different kind of relationship with each and everyone of our children.  I love my 3 girls to death! They are my everything, but I have to say, each one of them love me differently and I them.  Darian loves me without a filter...you know? The kind of love that is so transparent.  Madison loves me in her own special way, the kind of love where she knows how to get things from me with affection...little turd! hahaha And Jessica loves me in that mature, growing up phase, where she is a woman and sees me as her mom, but on a whole other level.  There's more respect and appreciation towards me, which I love!  And I love them all with my entire being, the one thing I do have to admit is that Darian has more of my attention, because she requires it.  The bond I have with her, I really don't have with my other girls.  It's just different.  Darian responds to me in a way that gets into my soul.  When she looks at me, it's like she mesmerizes me and I think it's because she is such a mystery.  Always trying to guess what she must be thinking, what she would like to say and she just can't.  My relationship with her is completely different, but doesn't mean favorite, it's just more intense...that's all... This mysterious human being God has sent me, has taught me so much...and she has no idea of the impact she has had on everyone who loves her...it's amazing.  She is so brave, so free of malice, so unbelievably special...it's hard to explain with words.  But I can tell you, she will touch you and get into your soul with just one quiet look...

No comments:

Post a Comment